Monday, September 1, 2008

Saying Goodbye...........






Well, Friday i talked to my Grandma for the last time. She passed away Saturday morning about 3:30 am - she was 91 years old. She couldn't talk but my mom held the phone to her ear and said she moved her head up and down like she was agreeing with me..........that was one of the hardest things i have ever done. My grandmother meant the world to me. She was a huge part of my life growing up and even though she moved back to Oklahoma about 17 years ago we still remained close. I would call her and write her..........probably not enough but i tried and the best was just being able to pick up the phone, i would tell her that we could just pretend she was just down the street in Anaheim where she lived so many years before. I always made sure to plan my yearly visit. I know it wasn't much but that once a year we would spend together was so special. She lived on her own until about 3 years ago. Very independent even with the terrible pain of arthritis. Even when she moved into an assisted living home she didn't need much assistance...........the people there knew that Reva made her own bed - because she was the only one that knew how to do it RIGHT!!! They all loved her there!!!!! I am not selfish - i am sad and i will miss her but i know that she is happy and pain free now........She took me to Church and help build my foundation as a Christian........i am so thankful for that because i know that she is in a better place now with my Grandpa which she missed so much!!!!
This is a LO i did of us after her 90th birthday celebration....and the book is something i put together for her. Lots of pictures of her and her family when she was little. If you made it through this melancholy post..........thank you for letting me share!!!! I just can't say enough how much my grandmother meant to me. My favorite quote ever...........and it fit us so perfectly:
A Grandmother is
a little bit parent
a little bit teacher
a little bit best friend

1 comment:

Cindy F said...

Tiffany, so sorry to hear about your grandma but I'm glad you were able to talk to her. Your layouts of her are lovely!