Sunday, June 22, 2008

What matters most............


OK.......so my dear friend Michelle has a challenge for us. In trying to get some of our visitors to comment she wants us to blog "What Matters Most"..........It is true, us bloggers love to see who has visited us, who spends the time to get to know us through our blogs, who likes to see what scrappy stuff we have been creating..........but, most of the time our visitors just look but never comment. I'm guilty of that at times too. But hey, leave a comment here and you just may be the lucky winner of some great RAK! Yesterday we got report cards in the mail.....(a little background first)..........my little princess has been struggling in reading. This really came to a shock to us - we had no idea when she started 2nd grade that she was a behind. She took it well and worked hard!!!! Well, can i just tell you when she saw her grades - the happiness on her face the feeling of accomplishment that i could see in my 7 year old...........it was so awesome. To see how much she cared that her hard work paid off. I just had so much emotion looking at her as she ran to me with her report card. So proud of course, but it was just the fact that she was so proud of herself. That was just so awesome. My son............yesterday was closing ceremonies for baseball. He had a blast this year - this was his last season for little league. Every year they give out a special award to ONE 12 year old.........just one player that showed the best sportsmanship, leadership and fair play...........yep you guessed it.....My son was the recipient. I cried............i was so proud. He works so hard at everything he does..........school -A's and one B+ even with 2 honor classes..........his sports so important to him........I just watch him with such pride..........i can't even explain it.

So........if you have stuck with me through this longer than usual post what i am trying to get at is What Matters Most is that my children are becoming strong, confident and compassionate people. What Matters Most is that when I made that decision to leave my career of 10 years to stay home with my kids and trusted that my husband was right when he said we can do it ......It was all for the what i am seeing now in my children.

7 comments:

erika said...

Tiff you are totally on my friends list but Typepad doesnt show my entire list it cuts it off...I have no idea how to fix it.

great post. makes me smile to think what I have to look forward too.

Jenn said...

Tiff....what a great gift....two amazing kids who will give back during their lives! You are a wonderful parent.

christy p said...

Yeah kids!!!!!!!! I would have cried too.

Anonymous said...

hi! i'm gonna go with family on this one. :)
p.s. i enjoyed reading your blog and "getting to know you..." :)
you have a nice family. :)
hope to meet you at tst soon! :)
shari :)
______________________________
www.ShariSuzuki.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

hi! i'm gonna go with family on this one. :)
p.s. i enjoyed reading your blog and "getting to know you..." :)
you have a nice family. :)
hope to meet you at tst soon! :)
shari :)
______________________________
www.ShariSuzuki.typepad.com

Unknown said...

Hi Tiff! You know I love your blog! Give the kids a big hug from me....I am very proud of them too!
I am so glad we have been blessed with our beautiful kids and the opportunity to watch them grow.(Thanks to the Hubbies) I would not trade the "Mom" tears of joy or the the sweet smiles of accomplishment on our kids faces for any corporate ladder in the world. Love you.....lets scrap soon.

Sonja said...

Wow, what great accomplishments. There is nothing better than to see our children succeed. Great Job!!